You may have heard about the wonders of green tea and dieting, acting as the secret sauce in fighting your love handles or growing waistline. But does anyone really know how green tea is fighting the battle of the bulge?
Even if you aren’t drinking green tea now, you may want to consider adding it to the repertoire of your dieting tool set, making your next weight loss venture your potential last one. Here are five reasons that highlight the benefits of Lipton green tea weight loss, in the hopes to kick your next diet into overdrive.
#1: Its Bioactivity
Saying bioactive compounds are a key factor may chase some of you away, with the feeling of scientific voodoo causing many of you to lose interest. But before you discredit the science, let’s address what these bioactive compounds are, and more importantly, how they can positively affect you.
With the polyphenols like flavonoids and catechins (which are naturally found in the tea leaves) acting as antioxidants, they can help to combat cellular and molecular damage from occurring via the elimination of free radicals in the body. What does all that nonsense mean? You can help fight premature aging and development of diseases with the introduction of these compounds into your system.
In summation; these bioactive compounds will help fight disease and keep your body healthy, which is the first and most important step in becoming the healthiest and fittest version of yourself.
#2: Boost In Physical Performance
- One of the most popular benefits of green tea is its caffeine content, which in the very least can be an energizing way to improve your mental and physical productivity.
- With almost zero downsides to the safe consumption of caffeine, it is one of the best ways to kick start your metabolism and get your body running at a higher speed.
- Now why is boosting your body and mind important? Well with a higher metabolism comes a higher state of caloric expenditure.
- With your body and mind moving at a faster speed, your body will need to burn more calories to keep up with the demand. And as we all know, the fundamental key to losing weight is to burn more calories than we consume.
So more green tea leads to more caffeine, and more caffeine means more calorie burning.
#3: Zero Calorie Beverages
#4: Fat Mobilization
The idea of “fat loss” is a vague and almost non-descript idea of losing weight, but it doesn’t necessarily complete your understanding of how that fat is being removed from the body. Is it not just disappearing right? We know the calories and fat are being “burned”, but what does burning fat actually mean?
Fat cells, in less scientific terms, are broken down in the body and then exhausted through a couple different methods. Exhaling CO2, and body waste are both ways that the body is able to move the fat cells from inside to outside your body. Green tea is able to actually promote the activity of mobilizing these fat cells into your blood stream, causing increased fat loss. But how does it do this?
The antioxidant Epigallocatechin Gallate, or EGCG, is able to prevent the break down of the hormones that signal fat loss. When this hormone, norepinephrine, is able to maintain high levels with the help of EGCG, it is able to continue its ability to signal the breakdown of fat cells in your body, with lower levels of norepinephrine having lower abilities to mobilize these fat cells.
In addition, caffeine also has a synergistic fat burning effect with norepinephrine, doubling down on its fat burning ability. So, simply; EGCG keeps your fat mobilizing hormones running at high levels, which obviously is going to be an awesome tool in burning your extra fat.
#5: Appetite Reduction
- Some portions of this journey will be more difficult, but making the intelligent choices when deciding on your roadmap to fitness can bring an easier transformation of mind and body. Utilize smart preparation, such as bagged lunches instead of fast food can cut out impulsive food choices.
- Being conscious of calorie count of all your food items, while temporarily a nuisance, can make you fully aware of your daily caloric intake. And more specifically in the case of the above mentioned tips, bringing bottled diet green tea, such as a Lipton brand, can provide you with all the great benefits without any extra thought or unnecessary accommodation.
- It is recommended to take at least one to two servings of green tea daily, with about eight ounces per serving. This will give you the appropriate amount of caffeine and all of the above mentioned benefits to noticeably affect your weight loss, health, and energy.
- The mantra of “working smarter, not harder” is one of the best trains of thought for anyone looking to venture into the world of a fitter and healthier body. Keeping in mind all of the advice given in this article, as well as researching all of the other aspects of fitness, are the perfect preparation steps before beginning your journey.